Now that the season has changed and the days are getting colder…it is getting so much harder to just simply get out of bed.
You hit the snooze button a few times but you’re just making it harder on yourself.
Just get out of bed already!
When I find myself in one those funks, I find that reaching for inspiration helps take the edge off.
Here’s what I do:
- Turn on some inspiring music
I like to go for the thumping, blood-circulating workout playlists but any type of music that personally gets your endorphins going will work. Some listen to classical, contemporary, country, R&B, whatever your jam is…play it. According to bebrainfit.com, “Music affects the brain in many positive ways. It makes you smarter, happier and more productive at any age.”
Read the full article here at https://bebrainfit.com/music-affects-brain/
- Go for a quick run or do a quick workout
Going for an early morning run not only gets my blood flowing but it also gives me some time of self-reflection. My runs give me early morning time to come up with great ideas and to also receive my daily inspiration or learning that is essential to my personal growth.
According to The Next Web, “Exercise can supercharge your productivity by keeping you alert and focused and it kicks up your energy level.
Read the full article here at https://thenextweb.com/lifehacks/2015/07/12/6-reasons-why-exercise-can-supercharge-your-productivity/
- Meditate and visualize Having my own peaceful time in the morning is sometimes my best medicine. I get to clear my mind of all the clutter and focus on my best intentions for the day to come. Visualization helps me see myself in the act of having my wonderful day and in the success that I see in my future.
- Turn on an inspiring Podcast Whatever business it is that you are in, find a Podcast that will put you into a good mood. Find one that motivates and inspires you to be your best self…one that makes you feel like you can conquer the world!
- Turn on a motivating audiobook I sometimes like to get my day started by turning on audiobook in Amazon’s Audible. I found that rather than reading…having the audio version of a book helps me multitask my morning plus gives me the daily dose of inspiration and knowledge that I need for my own development.
If you don’t have Audible yet, you can get it here (There’s a free trial so you can make sure you like it before you buy it)
Some of my favorite motivating and inspiring audiobooks are:
- You Are A Badass: Stop Doubting Yourself & Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
- The Miracle Morning for Network Marketers
- Get Over Your Damn Self: The No-BS Blueprint to Building a Life-Changing Business
So…those are my top 5 ways that I get motivated on mornings where I don’t even want to get out of bed.
Hope I was able to help…
If you have another great way that you get motivated, please share them in the comments.